Spring 2022 Internships
Social Media Intern
Application Closes December 20th, 2021
Recess is a lifestyle pickleball brand that encourages all types and levels of play. We are a community of recreationalists that enjoys meeting new friends, getting fresh air, and most importantly having a good time. Recess is a rapidly growing startup based in Austin that manufactures and sells pickleball gear. Our internship program will provide an opportunity for you to showcase and develop your creative, social, and entrepreneurial skills in a fun, local and thriving start-up environment.
January 3 - April 29, 2022
10-15 hours per week
Paid or Unpaid, Depending on School Credit Needs
We are looking for a few TikTok-loving interns to add to our team! You will be a member of a small marketing team creating and implementing a distribution plan for social content on TikTok. Content will be used by Recess for omnichannel marketing across social and other digital platforms like: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, and Shopify's blog platform. Must be comfortable capturing candid, engaging, and real life Recess moments.
EXPECT TO GAIN
· Experience working hands-on in a rapidly growing start-up
· Real-world content to include in your professional portfolio
· The opportunity to develop and refine skills in growth marketing, graphic design, video creation, and social media engagement
· One-on-one mentorship from our Co-Founder and CMO
· Flexible schedule
· Fun company culture
· Potential for part-time or full-time employment post-internship
· Students currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Communication, or other relevant major
· An ambitious and creative professional with amazing interpersonal communication and a growth-mindset who demonstrates an eagerness to learn
· Passion for social media and staying on top of current social media best practices and trends
· Strong familiarity with social media platforms including TikTok, Instagram Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest
· Detail-oriented and highly-organized
· Data-driven with ability to connect results with goals
· Loves pickleball
· Assist with influencer marketing
· Track trends and generate content to quickly implement them into our own platforms
· Social related graphic design
· Photography and photo editing
· Video creation and video editing
· Contribute to developing a marketing strategy for TikTok
· Identify opportunities for additional engagement and messaging for Recess
· Monitor TikTok account on a daily basis
· Utilize creative and entrepreneurial skills to support marketing team in developing data-driven, innovative, and strategic campaigns
· Develop and establish new marketing partnerships
· 2+ years of experience in marketing including work experience, education, and/or training
· Passion for social media and on top of current social media best practices and trends
· Experience with Canva, Adobe Illustrator, and Premiere Pro (or similar video editing software)
· Comfortable being on camera for TikTok and IG Reels
This will be a fully remote internship for the foreseeable future. The marketing team works from home and collaborates via email and G Suite. Must be Austin based for occasional team meetups.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Social Media Intern” by December 20th.
· PDF Resume (no more than 1 page)
· A few sentences about your experience and why you think you would be a good fit for Recess.